Herpes simplex is a virus that has no medicinal cure. However, there are things a person can do when they experience an HSV-1 or HSV-2 outbreak. Cold sores are the main herpes symptoms. Herpes viruses are of two types. The type 1 virus forms cold sores. But rarely HSV-1 will cause sores near the genital area, and type 2 will cause sores near the mouth.
The time and the period of the outbreak may differ. Some people get annual herpes, and others might get four to five herpes outbreaks a year. Whatever the outbreak is, you can rely on the natural herpes treatment for fast recovery whenever it comes. It will give you relief from these instant outbreaks. It will control severe outbreaks and decrease the effects. Don’t worry about the increase in herpes symptoms, as the natural herpes treatment helps suppress it.
When do the cold sores appear?
Cold sores can turn up at the most inappropriate moments. They can appear when you are having a party to attend or an important meeting. They are painful and oozing. It can form near your lips with small fluid-filled lesions. They are known as fever blisters. They can be itchy, tingling, and also burn.
There are no proper cures for avoiding the formation of cold sores and also removing them. However, they are caused by infectious viruses and can be treated with antiviral remedies.
The cold sores will get a week to heal. However, the initial cold sore will get longer to heal. If you want to remove the cold sore quickly, try using the natural herpes treatment before they appear. If you are prone to more occasional cold sores, try out more than one natural treatment to lessen the ill effects of the sores.
The excellent antiviral natural remedies
Antiviral and immune-boosting remedies can work excellently to control herpes symptoms. Some treatments are adequate to control the herpes symptoms, and others ease the pain or discomfort. Every home remedy may not treat the symptoms. However, you can try to find out which works best for you.
Lip balms with lemon extract can prevent the development of cold sores. Lemon tea compresses can ease the discomfort or further development of cold sores. A warm compress can help to minimize the pain and swelling of a cold sore.
To ease the pain, you can also try out an ice cube compress. Use a clean cold compress to reduce the swelling of cold sores.
Apply the paste
Applying cornstarch or baking soda paste can help in drying out lesions. When the lesion dries out, the pain reduces and relieves itching. You can dip a cotton ball in the paste and apply it to the affected area to see the results.
Changes in diet
Researchers strongly suggest that changing the diet can prevent a herpes outbreak. Eating immune-boosting food helps the body fight against the herpes virus. The diet change also includes avoiding certain food items.
Antioxidant containing vegetables
Rich vegetables that contain sufficient antioxidants can prevent future outbreaks. Kale, cauliflower, spinach, and tomatoes are Antioxidant-rich vegetables that can minimize inflammation. They also have specific amino acids that can help to suppress the symptoms of the herpes virus.
The important vitamins
- Omega 3 fatty acids can help the immune system to fight against inflammatory conditions. Mackerel, chia seeds, salmon and flaxseed, are rich in omega 3.
- Vitamin c can efficiently speed up the process of healing herpes. Also, it may help to prolong the time between every outbreak. Orange, bell pepper, strawberries, papaya, and mango are rich in vitamin c.
- Protein is a vital element that can fight against deadly pathogens. Eggs, almonds, and oats are low-fat saturated protein items.
- Zinc can prolong the period between every outbreak. Lamb, pork, and chickpeas are rich in zinc supplements.
- Vitamin b complex is a crucial substance that can cure or heal the symptoms of herpes. Vitamin-rich food items such as spinach, broccoli, eggs, and green beans can help you fight against the virus.
Specific probiotic supplements help to fight against the effects of the herpes virus. Probiotic contains vital elements such as Lactobacillus rhamnosus that helps in good immune system functioning. Curd is one probiotic item that can help you fight herpes.
Essential oils to prevent Herpes symptoms
- Aloe Vera has wound-healing properties. Aloe Vera gel is an effective home remedy to ease inflamed cold sore pain. Aloe vera can also make the blistered area smooth and regular.
- Tea tree oil has antiviral substances that can be effective in curing the symptoms. This oil can be diluted when used for genital or cold sore herpes.
- Hazel oil contains rich anti-inflammatory properties. It can be cut and used for irritation related to a cold sore.
- Chamomile and ginger oil can have soothing effects on the herpes cold sore. This oil is effective in treating HSV-2 herpes.
The above-mentioned natural therapies can be very effective for some. However, they cannot be an alternative to clinical treatment. Therefore, try out all the remedies to find which works best for you.